Representative, Technical Service
Perform functions to provide capital equipment maintenance, repair, qualification protocol execution, calibration and training services for customers.
• Plan assigned customer service needs, contact customers to obtain information to determine tools, instruments and parts that may be needed in the field and arrange travel needs.
• Meet customer personnel to determine equipment problems, perform diagnostic tests involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and take corrective action involving replacing defective parts and machine components, reprogramming control systems and reviewing units as necessary.
• Provide protocol services for customers, perform equipment qualification procedures at home office and at customer site, identify and correct problems as required.
• Calibrate equipment according to customer schedule apply test procedures and adjust equipment to meet standards.
• Provide on-site operation, maintenance and preventive maintenance.
• Make courtesy calls to customer sites as available.
• Respond to customer calls regarding equipment problems, determine nature of problems and recommend corrective action.
• Run lab and factory acceptance tests for customers, set up equipment, run product and check specifications.
• Conduct on-site seminars for equipment operation and process optimization.
• Prepare service and expense records as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Work Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 4 years of equivalent work experience
• Electromechanical proficiency
• Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
• Familiarity working with Programmable Logical Controllers
• Some knowledge of RS Logix
• Experience working with Digital Multimeters, temperature probes, pressure gauges
• Familiarity working with high voltage devices
• Experience with troubleshooting